- How long have you been pole dancing? Since July 2008
- What’s your favorite song to pole dance to? Right now, Rooster by Alice in Chains.
- What’s your favorite pole dance move? Any form of a pirouette. Always so pretty and so functional!
- What pole move is your nemesis? At the moment, the janiero.
- If you have to classify your dance style, what would it be? Sensual. I'm a big fan of the old school pole dancing where it's sexy but not raunchy. More closely related to what I was exposed to as I first discovered pole dancing.
- What inspires your movement? Why do you dance? I dance because it makes me feel good- physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Do you study/participate in any other kinds of dancing or other kinds of training? If you've been reading my blog, then you'll know in the past year I've begun to explore other forms of dance. My favorite is pole.
- How often do you train, dance or attend class per week? On a good week, every other day. Realistically- maybe once or twice a week.
- Any tips for training? Listen to your body. When it says NO, then it means no.
- Do you train on both sides when you pole? Why or why not? To an extent. There are certain moves that are dangerous if I attempt on my non-dominant side. I generally do try to work both sides to equalize my workout.
- If you’re not a full time poler, how do you balance work and pole? Friends and pole? Life and Pole? I work during the day with summers off, I don't really have many friends, and my life is fairly uneventful. LOL. I guess balancing comes naturally for me.
- Is pole dancing, which happens to be a hobby for most, worth the investment? Of course!
- Why did you start a pole dance blog? I have always enjoyed writing. It can be very therapeutic for me. Just like dancing.
- What does your pole dance blog mainly focus on? Dancing and fitness. All things pole.
- What’s your favorite post on your pole dance blog? Patience, Persistence, & Pain: The 3 P's of Pole!
- What’s your favorite non-pole blog? I don't read many blogs. Generally if I do, they're pole related.
- What is your favorite dance studio? (If you teach or own a studio, please list one other than where you teach.) My favorite studio that I've been to would have to be Impulse Studios Pole Dancing and Exotic Fitness in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- If you teach, why did you start teaching, and how did it change your practice? If you don’t teach, do you think you’d ever want to teach? Why or why not? I'm currently an instructor. I started teaching because I wanted to share my passion for pole dancing with others. I didn't have the ability to have someone teach me so I really strive to be the best instructor and teach what I would have liked to have been taught. Teaching has affected my practice in that sometimes I don't always get to have my own personal practice but in the end it's worth it because I am sharing my knowledge with others.
- Heels or No Heels? Also any good recommendations for heels? It depends on my mood. I haven't poled in heels in a long time. I love Pleasers stilettos. I usually wear dance paws or ballet slippers.
- What are your favorite pole clothes? I'm happy in a pair of shorts that are not too revealing and a sports bra or tank top. I'll even pole in my yoga pants.
- What’s your favorite pole? Size? Material? Height? Static? Spin? My favorite is my 45mm xpert xpole, chrome finish, static, standard ceiling height.
- If you have ever performed, how do you usually prepare your performance? I normally just practice up until my performance so I have the routine well memorized. Before I perform I'm nervous then during I get lost in the moment.
- What’s something you love to do or experience aside from pole dancing? I love kayaking, going on walks, traveling (usually includes to area pole studios during my travels..LOL), watching racing with my husband, makeup, reading- regular stuff like that.
- How has pole dancing affected your life? Pole dancing has impacted me in more than just being a diversion to the monotony of my daily living. It's helped rehabilitate my lungs when I was diagnosed with a lung condition and was told if I didn't engage in an exercise regimen my lungs may not have recovered. Prior to meeting my husband, my pole has also been the most consistent relationship in my life through difficult life changes, losses, and loneliness. It's given me a reason to reach deep inside myself to find my inner and outer strengths.
- Looking back at your life, are you surprised that you’re a pole dancer? Like were you a nun five years ago and now you’re a pole teacher? Or does pole dancing seem like a natural fit into the progression of your life? I think pole dancing seems like a natural fit into the progression of my life. I found pole dancing the same month I lost my Grandmother. She was always an eclectic woman that was open to having fun and it makes me think that there is a reason I found pole when I did.
- What’s one pole stereotype that you wish would go away? Any time people find out that I pole, they always ask -were you a stripper? I don't have any problems with women who choose that career path. I did not strip my way to pay for college. I have never been a stripper. I would like people to realize there are many different sides to pole dancing- there's the adult entertainment pole industry and there's the fitness pole industry.
- Best reaction when you told someone that you are a pole dancer? I don't recall any specific reactions. People are usually very intrigued and want to know where they too can take a pole dancing class.
- Also, since its May… does your Mother [or any maternal person in your life] know that you pole dance and what does she think? My Mom knows I pole. I don't really know what she thinks. She's never said anything to me about it and I talk to her about my "pole problems". She's never offered an opinion of sorts so I assume she approves.
- What’s your pole fantasy or dream? My dream would be to open my own studio. I guess you could say that's a fantasy?
- Finish this sentence. Pole dancing is what you make it.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
May Pole Blog Hop
This month's blog hop topic is pole related questions. Here are the questions and here are MY answers....
Posted by Kobajo84 at 5:46 PM
Labels: Blog Hop
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I had no idea about the lung health issue you went through. WOW. Also your grandmother sounds like she was awesome!ReplyDelete
Thank you! She was! I have a feeling she would have poled if she could have.Delete
I so want the janiero too! I'm a long ways off, but as soon as I saw it, it became a goal move!ReplyDelete
Pole dancing is a great way to stay in shape!ReplyDelete