- Lunapads Performa 5 pack pantyliners $59.95
- Hesta Organic Cotton 5 pack pantyliners $34.99
- Love My® Antibacterial Bamboo Fiber 6 pack pantyliners $14.95
All the products are well received by their respective reviewers. The products seem to do the job they are intended for. Some of the particular considerations I paid attention to in the reviews that helped me solidify my decision were the following:
- Pad movement during basic activities such as walking
- Quality of product - did it fall apart immediately or have issues after washes?
- Leakage - did anyone complain of leaks in their reviews?
- Temperature complaints
- Ease of use
- Bulky bunching product- does it create a visible panty line through clothing?
Product First Impressions
The pads are soft, thin, and easily usable. They snap together around the underwear using buttons. My first month using them I experienced some pad movement. On my second month of use, I remedied this issue by doubling up on underwear or wearing a pair of boy short style underwear over my underwear that contained the pad. For cleaning purposes, I have been using the wet pail method of soaking the used pads in a bucket of cold water then hand washing with mild detergent and hang drying. I picked up a PRESSA 16 clip hanging octopus dryer from IKEA to use for my drying method. So far after two months of use, I am really enjoying using the reusable pads and am a point of considering purchasing an additional set of five pads. I'm also experimenting with cleaning methods. I prefer the hand washing wet pail method and will try different detergents and recommended cleaning products with future use. Overall, I am feeling very good about my continued progress towards a greener menstrual cycle.