For quite some time now, I've been considering whether or not to pursue my group fitness certification. For the longest time I'd decided against moving forward with this process as I never foresaw myself teaching anything outside of pole dancing or aerial silks. I have my pole dancing certification and for awhile I was completely content with just that. As opportunities have been presented to me, I've decided it'd be in my best interest to seek out an additional certification that will broaden my capabilities in classes I'd really like to teach.
When searching for a certification course, you want to make sure you are choosing one that meets your individual needs. Some questions to ask are:
- What is it you want to accomplish with your certification?
- What types of training do you want to pursue once completing your certification?
- How much is it going to cost you?
- How flexible is the program?
- How reputable is the program?