2. Twitter. I've just recently begun to explore the ins and outs of Twitter. I've made some great connections and it's been a fun way to correspond with a different crowd that I may not be connected with through Facebook. I share similar business related posts on my Pole Harmony Twitter to what I share on Facebook except my statuses are restricted to 140 characters or less. Twitter summarizes my Facebook posts.
3. YouTube. Where would the pole community be if it weren't for YouTube? YouTube introduced me to pole dancing. It's where I first began to learn all about spins and tricks. I consider myself to be of the "old school" generation of polers- those who didn't have the luxury of learning in a studio setting. We relied heavily on YouTube videos. Watching and rewatching, pausing, and rewind. We spent countless hours watching dance video after dance video. Analyzing every detail and specific movement of a dancer. Maybe that's why so many of us are instructors now. We trained ourselves to have an eye for movement specific to pole moves. Now a days, I no longer have a personal YouTube channel. Instead I only have my Pole Harmony YouTube channel. I like having my channel for business only. It gives me the opportunity to post videos and still have the connection to everything I work hard for.
4. Instagram. I have been completely in love with this form of social media. Instagram is perfect for the pole community because so much of what is involved in pole is about being able to take a picture of yourself accomplishing an awesome move or trick and then sharing it with your friends. Instagram connects to other means of social media which makes it the perfect addition to the pole community. In the past year, many studios and pole specific groups have begun to integrate pic sharing challenges. This has added to the fun and never boring theme of pole dancing. It has also encouraged more networking among dancers. I love being able to separate my Instagram and share all of the pole studio related images on the Pole Harmony Instagram. This has probably become one of my favorite forms of social media. What did we do before Instagram?
5. Google+. I'm not sure if this one is as popular as all the others but I decided to get on board with it because it's connected to YouTube and so many other necessary accounts integrated through Google. I share everything on my Pole Harmony Google+ page that I share on Facebook.
6. StudioVeena.com. I think this one is necessary to mention because I have always described it as the "Facebook for Pole Dancers." StudioVeena is the major networking and resource site for the pole dancing community. I have made so many friendships through this site that not mentioning it would be a complete disservice. StudioVeena has really become all the aforementioned social media sites in one. It has status and event sharing, pictures, discussion boards, and video uploads. A one stop shop for everything pole related. In recent years, many polers have crossed over into other forms of dance and dabbled in some aerial. The community is an eclectic assortment of information regarding all things aerial and alternative fitness.
So you're probably thinking, how in the world do I manage all these social media sites all while managing a business and working a full time Monday through Friday job? Well personally, I don't sit at my computer every day keeping all my sites up to date. I utilize a social media manager. With so many social media sites out there, now a days a social media manager is an important addition to keeping one's business organized online. At the end of the day, I can rest comfortably knowing my business is in good hands. This also frees up my time to allow me to focus on the social media aspects that tap into my creativity such as YouTube and Instagram. Both of these require more of my attention and I enjoy being able to devote my energy towards these accounts as opposed to the others.
To recap, below I've listed all the Pole Harmony social media sites. Feel free to "Like", "Follow", or "Share" any or all. Thank you!
- Pole Harmony Facebook
- Pole Harmony Twitter
- Pole Harmony YouTube
- Pole Harmony Instagram
- Pole Harmony Google+