My search lead me back to the designer style GymTote. I decided to do a little more research on this UK based company. The Founder of GymTote, Helena Searcaigh, was once on a similar quest for the perfect gym bag like me! Her situation called for a bag that had the versatility to go from the office to the gym without the need for two different bags. The GymTote brand was designed with professionalism in mind. Supporting a company that was on a smaller scale compared to more well known larger companies also appealed to me in making my decision. I opted for the black Eva tote. I ordered my GymTote from the UK based website for £125. US conversion plus shipping cost me $209.12.
The bag is very durable and of high quality. The zippers are smooth and work easily. The bag itself is designed with extra compartments that readily accommodate gym accessories. The GymTote website lists all features of the bag as follows:
- Top handbag compartment with additional slip & zip pockets for all your small items - in our signature silver stripe lining
- Top zip on flap to access your handbag essentials in a flash
- Separate, back-facing base compartment in our ultralight water-resistant silver nylon for your gym kit - no more pulling out your sports bra in meetings!
- Exterior pull out sleeve pocket for trainers in our ultralight, water-resistant silver nylon
- Mesh eyelets in the base & trainer compartments to keep your sweaty kit well ventilated
- Extra soft, padded handles help make it comfortable to carry when fully loaded. Longer over-the-shoulder handles make sure it fits nicely under your arm & over your winter coat
- Separate water bottle pocket in our ultralight, water-resistant silver nylon
- Exterior zipped phone/mp3 pocket with eyelet to hold your earphone cord = secure tunes*
My favorite part of the bag are all the compartments! I'm able to carry everything I need for all the variety of fitness classes I attend. For my Yoga mat, I place it on top of the bag and it holds well in place with the bag's handles. Other bags offered by GymTote do have a Yoga mat holder beneath the bag. I did not feel this was necessary for my needs. Upon researching the information I provided for this blog post, I discovered that GymTote now has a US distributing website: www.GymTote.us! Unfortunately as I am writing up this post, it appears all the products available are out of stock on the US website. GymTote's Facebook claims new inventory will arrive in April/May so if this hot item is on your list, be sure to stalk their social media so you will know when inventory is restocked to place your order.
I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I take my bag to the YMCA and it fits well inside the lockers in the women's lock room. I've also taken it to pole studios where it discreetly carries my stilettos and all the necessary pole related gear while looking like a designer hand bag. I'll be posting a blog in the near future titled, "What's in My Gym Bag?" I wrote a "What's in My Gym Bag" blog back in 2012 titled "A Pole Dancer Exposed: What's in My Bag?" If you'd like to read that blog, check it out by clicking here. A lot has changed since then but I thought was fun to look back at what I used to carry on me versus what's in my bag now. Have you found the perfect gym bag? Please feel free to share by commenting below!