Week 1May 2nd-4th Poses
- Allegra: This was my best allegra I have ever done! This move has always been tricky for me as my back gets twisted and jammed into the pole. I think the more I work on this one the better it will get. I just recently revisited this move after years of not doing it with last month's April Alpha Pole Challenge. It's growing on me.
- Superman: I have always loved this move and decided to change it up and do a variation with a split leg.
- Scorpio Handstand: The trick to this one has always been leaning my pelvis into the pole for balance. Another move that I have loved for quite awhile.
- Combo: My struggle with this one was transitioning out of the allegra. I've never connected the allegra pole move before so I found it quite rewarding that I was able to move past this move all while staying on the pole.
- Splits: I opted for a pole split to represent this pose.
- Sexy Choreo: Music was Selena Gomez "Good for You". Choreography by @polefellas on Instagram. Loved this little routine. My favorite part is the squat at the end that spins out into the splits. I tackled learning this one first by using a repost app to download the original video to my phone so I could break the routine down by writing it out in my pole/aerial journal. Writing it down helped me to mentally grasp the routine and then I took it to the pole and broke it down in sections. After becoming comfortable with each section, I was able to combine each piece into the entire routine and perform multiple runs. I also did this one in heels but it wasn't pretty. I ended up kicking more walls than I care to admit.
Week 2May 9th-11th Poses
- Brass Monkey Bridge
- Combo: I had a hard time with grip while attempting this combo. My pole was extra slippery during this practice session but I was very pleased with my ability to find a way to get the brass bridge into a combo. The brass bridge is still a move that makes me a little nervous.